Background & History:
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), with science, engineering and research as its core, encompassing management and liberal arts, economy and law, is now developing into an open, multi-disciplinary and world-class university.
● Leading university listed on "Project 211" and "Project 985"
● Founding member of C9 League (Chinese equivalent of the US Ivy League)
● Top 6 Best Global Universities for Engineering in 2018 U.S. NEWS Ranking
● Top 9 in Academic Ranking of World Universities - Engineering in 2018
Harbin Institute of Technology Shenzhen (HITSZ) is a branch campus of HIT for full-time undergraduate, graduate and part-time programs. HITSZ has been committing itself to promoting regional economic development by providing technical and personnel support to industries in the area, which has earned itself a high reputation and full support from Shenzhen Government and HIT.
More details could be found at http://en.hitsz.edu.cn/index.htm
Teaching & Research
● Among the400+ full-time teachers in HITSZ, 80% of them have studied and worked overseas, and 90% have been recognized as high-level talent by the city and nation.
● HITSZ owns more than 40 key laboratories, engineering laboratories, and public platforms above municipal level;
● HITSZ has years of accumulated scientific study funds amounting to over 2.1 billion CNY;
● HITSZ has undertaken more than 3,00 scientific study programs;
● HITSZ has already established cooperation with over 800 enterprises in Shenzhen, and has solved more than 1,400 major technological issues for them.
1. Who Can Apply?
Master： Applicants must be foreign nationality in good health and under the age of 35 with Bachelor degree.
PhD： Applicants must be foreign nationality in good health and under the age of 40 with Master degree.
2. When to Apply?
Master： 2020Fall Semester: 1stMarch —15thJune, 2020
PhD： 2020 Fall Semester: 1stMarch —15thJune, 2020
2020Spring Semester: 1stSeptember —15thDecember, 2019
3. How to Apply?
Step 1: Pay application fee of CNY 400/ USD 60 to the HITSZ university account
Step 2: Complete online application at INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICE SYSTEM
Step 3: Wait for admission result. Qualified applications will get an official Admission Notice from HITSZ within two months.
4. Application Materials
For Graduate Program, you need to prepare:
1. HITSZ Application Form
2. Notarized Diploma (highest degree)
3. Notarized transcripts (highest degree)
4. Digital photo (jpg format)
5. Copy of two recommendation letters from professors (Chinese or English)
6. Study plan with less than 800 words
7. Copy of the front page of passport (valid period of the passport should be over 1 year)
8. Copy of Health Certificate from hospital within the past 1 year
9. Language requirement for Chinese Programs: Certificate of HSK level 4 (180 credits) or above issued within 2 years
10. Language requirement for English Programs: TOEFL 80 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above, or proofs indicating that you have attended universities where English is the principal language of instruction
11. Financial Proof showing that you have sufficient financial means to cover both your tuition fees and living expenses during your study in China ( either Certificate of Personal Deposit or Declaration by Financial Sponsor could be accepted)
||CNY 35,000 / year
||CNY 42,000 / year
|CNY 4,000 / semester/ bed
(includes 6 months' rent (CNY 500 / month/ bed) and 2 months deposit of CNY 1,000 )
||Insurance CNY 800 / year; Health Check CNY 500；Residence Permit CNY 400 / year
Account name: Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen
Bank name: Ping An Bank, Shenzhen, China
Account number: 0142100327638
SWIFT BIC: SZDBCNBS
Notes: 1. Check-in procedures for campus domitory should be handled after school registration.
2. HITSZ implements an insurance system for all international students. The international students must insure themselves according to relevant state regulations and school requirements.
6. HITSZ 2020 Programs(Teaching in English)
||Mechanical Engineering & Automation
|Power Engineering Engineering Thermophysics
|Control Science & Engineering
|Power Engineering & Engineering Thermophysics
|Control Science & Engineering
Notes: 1. Study period for Master programs is 2-3 years. Qualified students will be confered Academic Master Degrees when conplete their study at the university.
2. Study period for PhD programs is 4-6 years. Qualified students will be confered Academic PhD Degrees when conplete their study at the university.
7. Awards & Scholarships
*Students can enjoy only one scholarship at a time
|HITSZ Freshman Award
||CNY 8,400 ～42,000
|Notes: Available for qualified new applicants only.
|Notes: This scholarship can be applied when students complete their first-year study at HITSZ. Class of scholarship for students would be adjusted every academic year based on their performance.
||Exempt from tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, internship fee, fee for basic learning materials and on campus accommodation fee.
|Monthly living allowance
|Notes: Application opens from early October to late December each year.
Ms. Linda Li
Room H721, HIT Campus, University Town of Shenzhen,
Xili, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, 518055, P.R.China
Complains and Suggestions: +86-755-26033004